The 3M™ Littmann® Classic III™ Stethoscope offers high acoustic sensitivity for exceptional performance when doing general physical assessments. It features dual tunable diaphragms and an updated design that is easier to clean and maintain.
The 3M™ Littmann® Classic III™ Stethoscope is the latest version of the stethoscope that helps millions of medical professionals achieve their best. The Classic III stethoscope offers high acoustic sensitivity for exceptional performance, plus a versatile two sided chest-piece with tunable diaphragms. The Classic III stethoscope is used by students and medical professionals alike to identify, listen to, and study heart, lung, and other body sounds for physical assessment, patient monitoring, and diagnosis. Tunable diaphragm technology—a 3M invention—lets clinicians hear different frequency sounds by simply adjusting the pressure on the chest-piece. Hold the chest-piece with light pressure to hear low frequency sounds; press a little more to hear higher frequency sounds. This time saving feature allows the healthcare provider to focus on the patient, while the non chill diaphragm provides patient comfort. Headset tension is easily adjusted for head size and comfort by squeezing together or pulling apart the ear tubes. Snap tight, soft sealing ear tips conform to individual ears for an excellent acoustic seal and comfortable fit. Ear tips snap firmly onto the ends of the ear tubes and, for safety, require a significant effort to remove. Resilient next generation tubing retains its shape and flexibility even after folding tightly into a pocket. It provides longer stethoscope life due to improved resistance to skin oils and alcohol, and is less likely to pick up stains. Next generation tubing is not made with natural rubber latex, a benefit to sensitive medical professionals and their patients. And, to play its part in the protection of human health and the environment, the next generation tubing does not contain phthalate plasticizers. The Classic III stethoscope is made in the USA for consistent quality. It comes complete with large and small soft sealing ear tips, non chill bell sleeve, and instructions.
- Two-sided chest-piece with tunable diaphragms on both the adult and pediatric sides.
- Single-piece tunable diaphragm is easy to attach, and easier to clean because its surface is smooth without crevices.
- Pediatric side converts to a traditional open bell by replacing the single-piece diaphragm with a non-chill rim.
- Next-generation tubing provides longer life due to improved resistance to skin oils and alcohol; less likely to pick up stains.
- Fun and vibrant; match color and finish to your personality.
- Snap-tight ear tips have a soft, smooth surface providing a comfortable acoustic seal and comfortable fit
- Tunable, dual-sided stainless steel chest-piece with open or closed bell
- Non-chill bell sleeve for greater patient comfort
- Soft-sealing ear-tips provide optimal comfort and excellent sound occlusion
- Made in the USA without natural rubber latex
- General Physical Assessment and Diagnosis.