The 3M™ Littmann® Classic II S.E. Stethoscope is a dependable, hard-working clinical tool for physical assessment and monitoring of your patients. It’s the choice of millions of care providers who are dedicated to achieving the best patient outcomes.
The 3M™ Littmann® Classic II S.E. Stethoscope is a true clinical workhorse, providing high acoustic sensitivity through its dual-sided, stainless steel chest-piece; with a tunable diaphragm on one side and traditional bell on the other. The Classic II S.E. stethoscope is used by students and medical professionals alike to identify, listen to, and study heart, lung, and other body sounds for physical assessment and diagnosis. Tunable diaphragm technology—a 3M invention—lets clinicians hear different frequency sounds by simply adjusting the pressure on the chest-piece. Hold the chest-piece with light pressure to hear low frequency sounds; press a little more to hear higher frequency sounds. This time-saving feature allows the healthcare provider to focus on the patient, while the non-chill rim provides patient comfort. Headset tension is easily adjusted for head size and comfort by squeezing together or pulling apart the ear tubes. Snap-tight, soft-sealing ear tips conform to individual ears for an excellent acoustic seal and comfortable fit. Ear tips snap firmly onto the ends of the ear tubes and, for safety, require a significant effort to remove. Resilient next-generation tubing retains its shape and flexibility even after folding tightly into a pocket. It provides longer stethoscope life due to improved resistance to skin oils and alcohol, and is less likely to pick up stains. Next-generation tubing is not made with natural rubber latex, a benefit to sensitive medical professionals and their patients. And, to play its part in the protection of human health and the environment, the next-generation tubing does not contain phthalate plasticizers. The Classic II S.E. stethoscope is made in the USA for consistent quality. It comes complete with large soft-sealing ear tips, large firm ear tips, and instructions.
- Versatile chest-piece design provides high acoustic sensitivity with both a tunable diaphragm and open bell.
- Tunable diaphragm: Hear high or low frequency sounds by slightly adjusting pressure on the chest-piece.
- Non-chill rim and diaphragm provide patient comfort.
- Headset is easily adjusted for individual fit and comfort. Angled ear tubes align with ear canals.
- Snap-tight ear tips have a soft, smooth surface providing a comfortable acoustic seal and comfortable fit
- Stainless steel chest-piece is precision-machined into an aesthetically pleasing, less angular shape. The stem features open side indicator.
- Soft-sealing ear-tips provide optimal comfort and excellent sound occlusion
- Made in the USA without natural rubber latex.
- Used as a diagnostic aid as part of the physical assessment of a patient. Ideally suited for certified nursing assistants, medical assistants, physician assistants, registered nurses, entry level nurses, EMTs, licensed vocational nurses and nursing students.